I love when there are bunches of great new releases all at once to make me squeal and feel like I need every last thing. Now I need to sort out how to share all my new goodies!! ACK!
Today I thought I’d share this fantastic blazer that was just released. It comes in a lot of really fantastic spring colors, and I LOVE that the jacket is actually lined (you can see it a bit in the above shot). I also adore this new hair! It has been a while since Kavar had a new release but apparently he was quite busy with new textures and a new fancy shmancy hud that makes my SL super easy!
Many thanks to my guy friend for posing with me, and standing around so patiently while I chewed his ear off!
In RL I love maxi dresses/skirts… It screams spring/summertime for me. I finally was able to put one on with a pretty coral cardigan the other day and it made me want to wear one in SL too! So lucky for me this new mesh release came out =P
I adore this whole look…the casual comfortable beachyness of the whole thing. Pretty matching mesh halter suits the look perfectly too and even the pattern seems so sweet and feminine to me.
April 16th was my official 5 year blogiversary, but I forgot (of course).
I can’t believe I’ve been blogging 5 years now. I can remember the very first blog post, and the reason I got started – like it was yesterday. And now here I am 551 blog posts later, I think this is probably one of my most long-lasting commitments, which is impressive (if you know me).
I thought I’d share a few of my faves from over the years, and I will include links if you’d like any of the style notes! All of the following correspond with the images above starting from top left:
- Stereo Heart (August 18th 2011) – This is probably my all time fave post because of how ridiculous and funny the whole process was. This was the first time I’d met Bouncer Criss, who has since made quite a few guest appearances on my blog. We wanted to step outside our comfort zones and do something wild. Only rule was “No Black”. See how well we stuck to that huh? It ended up being a really gorgeous shot that I was quite pleased with, and Bouncer will hate me for digging it up and posting it again because I got him to wear makeup. LOL!
- Try (October 14, 2012) – I got it in my head that I really wanted to work on a shot in the hay-field behind my house. I think I spent longer on this edit than I have on any other blog post and I’m still pleased with how it turned out.
- Here With Me (January 12, 2012) – I love this blog for a few reasons. First because I love the sim that I shot the images on, if you’ve never been to Venexia you really must go. I also loved that I got to dress up in a bit of RP clothing, but mostly I love that during my visit I ran into DRACULA. Notice the shocked look on my face?
- Red Headed Woman (January 6, 2012) – I think the love for this one is self explanatory – Redheads do it better.
- Turn Me On (January 28, 2012) – I love this shot, not only because of the great company (Shyla Diggs), but because it was a fun destination, and setting it up took ages. We shopped for hours trying to get just the right look, and it turned out amazing. Though if Shyla had done the pic it would have been a million times better!
- Donna Flora A to Z: O is for Oriente (March 5, 2012) – This one I think I love simply for the amazing find with the location and all of the really bright fun colors.
- Daydreamer (September 25, 2011) – I had to share the only guest spot I have by Tricky Boucher on my blog. Not only was he gracious enough to agree to it, but we got to spend the whole day together shopping and goofing off which rarely happens these days – so this one is a gem.
- Wish You Were Here (November 16, 2011) – Great thing about this shot was that it was more or less accidental. I didn’t anticipate it would be so simple and perfect and I am pretty sure I didn’t even edit this!
- If I Die Young (June 16, 2011) – I loved everything about this look when I put it together, then I loved the pose I choose and finally the lighting turned out perfect.
- Human Nature (April 5. 2012) – I was inspired by a RL blog that I read regularly, which quoted a Madonna song and I spent a bit recreating the look Madonna had in the video and then sharing some of my personal thoughts. It was a step outside my usual fashion box.
- Titanium (May 1, 2012) – Since Sophia Harlow is probably the most regular “guest” on my blog I thought she deserved a place in the list! Plus – I love this pic of us =)
- This Kiss (November 25, 2012) – Welp, I had to add a boob shot, ya know?! =P
And with that – Thank you to all of my readers who visit the blog and check out what I’m up to. I started this blog entirely for myself as a little diary of what I was wearing and it has turned into something I’ve loved for the last 5 years, maybe more than anything else in my SL.
Great new mesh dress that has tango appliers! WHY YES THANK YOU! Plus it is super cute and comes in a great selection of colors and belt options.
PLUS… It looks fab with these HOT new mesh boots, don’t you think?? God I love them! They also come in so many wonderful colors… I especially appreciate when a designer takes the time to make a good assortment of brown tones since there is such a variation to work with different clothing!
Just a quick LOTD because I love these new shoes! Loooove love love these new shoes! They come in a slew of bright fun spring colors and have a hud so you can change the socks up – different colors AND patterns!
You need ‘em. <3
In other news the sim I worked on over the last few months was just featured in April’s issue of Avenue magazine. Here are some images from the article:
Read the complete article here.
A few special things I wanted to share this morning:
First, The Liaison Collaborative’s first round of The Garden just opened and I am sharing this absolutely adorable set! The Caravan itself is full of cute poses and the interior has a great little kitchen. There is stool seeing outside, plus the lovely table with Tea dispenser and accessories. Something perfect for some spring fun!
Second, have you visited the all new Baiastice sim? It has an entirely new build – which is gorgeous! I’m wearing a new release that coincides with the sim revamp. The hat, top and shorts come in lots of really great colors and everything is mesh!
On a side note…SHOES! That is all I have to say about that.
I’m feeling a little nerdy today. Okay – this is probably too smexy to be nerdy, don’t you think?! I love when I wear glasses but I always forget to put them on. I suck at accessorizing. Thank goodness Collabor88 makes it easy!
Just about everything you see here came from the event! Hair, Glasses, Top, Skirt, bracelet AND necklace. Yep.
Oh..know what else? This amazing windmill is there as well:
AND.. This couch:
You can dress up your home as well as yourself.
This round is really full of fun looks and accessories, you can definitely find some bright colors for the spring, so head over!
I’m just returning from a lovely trip to New York! I spent some much-needed time with my very best friends and now I am completely homesick =(
At any rate, this is why I was a bit delayed with sharing the newness from this round of Collabor88! BUT I’ve quickly put together something to share and hopefully I will be able to squeeze in a couple more shortly!
I love this new hair, and I think it really dresses up my outfit – Dress and purse both from Collab also and so is my necklace/bracelet combo.
Unrelated to Collab…but amazing all the same – I’m wearing the all new Belleza skin Mya. I promise to give you a better shot of her lovely face asap!
I spend about 100% of my time being a Mom. Mixed in there are bits of being a Wife, a Part-time Student, PTA Board Member and even working in a bit of work to help pay the bills. I am over-extended FULL TIME. I largely lack the ability to say “No.” and I find myself always putting everyone else’s needs before my own.
After having cooked, cleaned and served dinner the other night for a dozen family members – which I somehow managed to “volunteer” myself for… I crawled into bed late that night and ached from head to toe… I find myself sitting here today listening to this song and…
Sometimes you need to stop everything and take a day for yourself, and just indulge in you.
Not that I actually will or anything, but it is a nice thought =P
Anyway – I’m sharing this great prop for spring – a Swing! It comes packed with great singles poses, all fun and different. I thought my pretty new ruffled take suited the SPRING FREE feel of it <3
I had the chance to visit Neva River a few days ago, and it really is such a beautiful sim, I encourage you to make the visit if you haven’t already! The sim closes to the public after the 30th I believe, just fyi.
Neva River Sim