April 16th was my official 5 year blogiversary, but I forgot (of course).
I can’t believe I’ve been blogging 5 years now. I can remember the very first blog post, and the reason I got started – like it was yesterday. And now here I am 551 blog posts later, I think this is probably one of my most long-lasting commitments, which is impressive (if you know me).
I thought I’d share a few of my faves from over the years, and I will include links if you’d like any of the style notes! All of the following correspond with the images above starting from top left:
- Stereo Heart (August 18th 2011) – This is probably my all time fave post because of how ridiculous and funny the whole process was. This was the first time I’d met Bouncer Criss, who has since made quite a few guest appearances on my blog. We wanted to step outside our comfort zones and do something wild. Only rule was “No Black”. See how well we stuck to that huh? It ended up being a really gorgeous shot that I was quite pleased with, and Bouncer will hate me for digging it up and posting it again because I got him to wear makeup. LOL!
- Try (October 14, 2012) – I got it in my head that I really wanted to work on a shot in the hay-field behind my house. I think I spent longer on this edit than I have on any other blog post and I’m still pleased with how it turned out.
- Here With Me (January 12, 2012) – I love this blog for a few reasons. First because I love the sim that I shot the images on, if you’ve never been to Venexia you really must go. I also loved that I got to dress up in a bit of RP clothing, but mostly I love that during my visit I ran into DRACULA. Notice the shocked look on my face?
- Red Headed Woman (January 6, 2012) – I think the love for this one is self explanatory – Redheads do it better.
- Turn Me On (January 28, 2012) – I love this shot, not only because of the great company (Shyla Diggs), but because it was a fun destination, and setting it up took ages. We shopped for hours trying to get just the right look, and it turned out amazing. Though if Shyla had done the pic it would have been a million times better!
- Donna Flora A to Z: O is for Oriente (March 5, 2012) – This one I think I love simply for the amazing find with the location and all of the really bright fun colors.
- Daydreamer (September 25, 2011) – I had to share the only guest spot I have by Tricky Boucher on my blog. Not only was he gracious enough to agree to it, but we got to spend the whole day together shopping and goofing off which rarely happens these days – so this one is a gem.
- Wish You Were Here (November 16, 2011) – Great thing about this shot was that it was more or less accidental. I didn’t anticipate it would be so simple and perfect and I am pretty sure I didn’t even edit this!
- If I Die Young (June 16, 2011) – I loved everything about this look when I put it together, then I loved the pose I choose and finally the lighting turned out perfect.
- Human Nature (April 5. 2012) – I was inspired by a RL blog that I read regularly, which quoted a Madonna song and I spent a bit recreating the look Madonna had in the video and then sharing some of my personal thoughts. It was a step outside my usual fashion box.
- Titanium (May 1, 2012) – Since Sophia Harlow is probably the most regular “guest” on my blog I thought she deserved a place in the list! Plus – I love this pic of us =)
- This Kiss (November 25, 2012) – Welp, I had to add a boob shot, ya know?! =P
And with that – Thank you to all of my readers who visit the blog and check out what I’m up to. I started this blog entirely for myself as a little diary of what I was wearing and it has turned into something I’ve loved for the last 5 years, maybe more than anything else in my SL.
Yesterday was my 5th Rez Day as Felicity. I say “as Felicity” because I had another avatar before her, who was created about 6 months before Fel, but she no longer exists. So technically I’ve been an SL user since July of 2006, but I will stick with Fel’s timeline, since her existence has been much more interesting!
Anyway, I thought I’d share with you all some shots of what I looked like over the years, and how not only SL content has improved, but also my photography! =P
It has been an amazing 5+ years, and I have met some people who have become an important part of my life, my REAL life. I’ve made friendships that are irreplaceable, and I’ve had experiences that I will carry with me forever. Plus, I have had this great opportunity to blog, and share some of the things I love, with thousands and thousands of readers.
So thank you all for making the last 5 years so great, I can’t wait to see what the next 5 will be like!
I’ve managed to bite the bullet and be brave enough to place my first real thing I’ve made up on the marketplace. I’ve branded with the name Blu (if it isn’t obvious why – BLUmenthal), and I thought I would share the release here.
I will probably, if I do manage to create some more, section off a portion of the blog to use for the store… However for the meantime, I will just share it here!
The Buttons top will be sold in 6 colors, and as a fatpack with a 100L$ discount for the pack. I am including it on the undershirt, shirt and jacket layers with each purchase.
Hope some of you might like it a smidgen!
Visit my marketplace store.
Happy Halloween everyone!
Hope you all have an amazing day, whether you plan to dress up RL, or just in SL….orrrrr both. Eat lots of candy, and do lots of tricks.
I wasn’t sure what I would use for my Halloween look, until I had this great gift dropped on me last night from one of my favorite stores! It is fantastic because it comes with the whole “dress” including all the wrapped ropes, AND the fantastic basket of pumpkins.
I thought it was sort of suitable because I wanted to remind you all that TODAY, Second Style Island is hosting a fantastic *exclusive* ONE day sale. All Hallows’ Eve @ Second Style will be a great place to do some trick or treating, even if you might have to do a bit of searching around for our treats! =)
Don’t miss out on all the day’s sales – VISIT SECOND STYLE ISLAND.
Love, Love, Looooove this week’s Project Themory from BOOM. L O V E. I think the outfit that Aranel put together is just adorable, right down to the sculpted tails on the jacket. But to make it even more fun, she teamed up with a few people to give you a full range of purchases. Including this adorable prop of piano keys. It has an assortment of poses built right in, and the music notes in the background!
There is also a skybox, which I am not sharing, but is freakin great as well! I purchased it, and intend to use it as is, tho it is sold MOD, so you could fix it to your liking.
All of the above mentioned is available at BOOM!
Oh, and most importantly is the fact that it gave me the opportunity to flash my boobs at everyone. WooHoo!
It is 1 am now, or thereabouts. I am just getting to blog this dress I wore out with Tenshi last night, and listening to my new favorite tune on repeat…for the 1,000 time today.
The dress came over with perfect timing from Pink Outfitters, and I was thrilled when I put it on, and it seemed like an excellent little Saturday night FUN dress. I love the latex look of the skirt, and it actually comes with 2 separate sculpted prim pieces, so I bet there are other ways you could use them! The dress is called Eclipse, and it does happen to come in 5 other colors. Course the shading is great on the top, which is true for all of London’s work, and the back had a fun criss cross design to it also.
I immediately thought of this necklace I’d picked up but hadn’t had the chance to use yet (it happens to be color change fyi – BONUS) annnnnd these great shoes, which also haven’t seen enough bloggage from me!
I was dying for So Many Styles to release this dress, like drooling over it from a far. I’ve seen a few people blog it, or post it to their flickr, and I just knew I had to have it. I have a dress similar to it RL, and it is one of my favorites, perfect for the summer, and extremely comfortable. So of course Fel has to have one! And it was not a disappointment, it comes in another style as well, without the floral design on top, and a slightly different strap. (which I purchased as well lol)
I think turquoise accessories are my favorite, pretty sure I own more of that color in my jewelry folder then any other. Maybe it is because that color looks nice with red hair? I will go with that excuse. So happy this dress gives me a reason to use lots of it <3
Happy 4th! Hopefully you are all enjoying your day with a BBQ, friends & family and maybe some fireworks.
I own every belt from COCO. I love their clothes, some shoes are made really well, but I OWN every damn belt. Best belts on the grid, imo. So, with that in mind, I am not only wearing a belt from there in this post, but I am also wearing part of one of their newest releases. This lace top, which is actually just part of the complete dress, is really beautifully sculpted. I love the single sleeve on it, and I really do like the summery casual lace textures.
Plus, it finally gives me a good reason to use this cute W&Y hair!
I do actually like to walk around shopping sims. I know everyone likes to go to the mainstores, because generally the selection is larger, but I like to walk around and see lots of little shops, and make fun finds. While out today doing just that I came upon the shop that makes this dress – Tee*fy. I LOVE this dress. the skirt is really poofy and sheer, and I love the sculpted shoulders on it.
While I was there, I came upon the shop that makes this bag as well – Beetle Bones. They also have lots of really cute stuff! My inventory left the sim a little bit heavier, and muuuuch happier!
Instead of blogging some newness, I’ve opted for a LOTD (Look of the Day). I haven’t done one of these in forever. I just happened to be wearing this all, and I thought it was cute, and would share. It is more or less something that you could pull out of my RL closet, and all about comfort and summer.
I guess I should point out that the earrings and necklace are actually new, and can be found at the Tableau Summer Festival Sale going on, which is donating proceeds to the Center for Biological Diversity to help animals effected by the BP Gulf oil spill and to help put a stop to offshore oil drilling, so well worth the purchase! There are all sorts of cute booths set up in the street, and the Tableau sim is always worth a visit regardless.